Thursday, September 6, 2012

Resort 2013

I thought since NY fashion week is starting today, today would be a good day to brush upon what I liked in the Resort 2013 shows. Unfortunately not all of my favourite designers do resort such as Dries Van Noten and Haider Ackerman but some of them do and here´s what I liked.






Proenza Schouler is mighty fine. I love everything about these looks, especially the leather. Seems like blue might continue to be big for spring. Leather hopefully too, otherwise who cares! I´ll wear it anyways.






Ahh Givency..This line was in my top three for resort. I can´t get enough of the pants. The cut is excellent, kind of a harem look about them but still fresh. Leather was big for them too and also red. I´m seriously in love with the first look, all white, big proportions..Excellent work!






 
Here´s Céline. Always holds up. A lot of whites, red, greens.. All very architectural and clean cut. The moo print pants at the end are my favourite. Very fun. There was also some fun use of leopard print with solid colors. Nice!







The all mighty Alexander Wang here. I know I put a lot of looks but they were all just so gorgeous! I´m very fond of the shoes here. Normally I´m not a fan of a rubbery sole but this would work. Yes please! Again he used a lot of leather but everything toned down from fall/winter. Not as heavy or glossy. I also very much like the nude colors he used. Top three!






And an honorable mention goes to Chloés´ resort line. Who would´ve thought?! Normally I´m not a fan but after their fall collection and this one I´m coming around. There´s something feminine but yet boyish going on and I like it! Again we see a lot of white and also very clean cuts. Fresh..


Ok so they say one can have a feel about what designers will do for spring/summer by looking at their resort collections. I´m not sure I agree cause who knows, they might still be lingering in their fall mood when they make the resort collections and sometimes the mood from resort to spring/summer has totally changed. What I saw from the resort shows was a lot of monochrome looks (you know, red with red, blue with blue), very clean lines, architectural even. I´m predicting harem pants in spring/summer, leather will stay strong, blue and red will continue and of course there will be a lot of white. Duhh! Just kidding. Also I think print might not be as big of a factor as it has been for the last seasons. Anyways, NY fashion week started today and I will of course be keeping watch and will keep ya´ll posted.


EJ

No comments:

Post a Comment