Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Marc Jacobs





Ok, so according to Mr. Jacobs we will be sporting a no pants look this spring. Just kidding! But man oh man were some pieces short! I found this collection refreshing. Some might even say simple but I don´t agree. He was clearly thinking of the 60´s and Edie Sedgwick, factory girl.. You know where I´m going. After his very heavy fall collection I´m not surprised he wanted to simplify things. Lots of stripes, T-shirts, black, white, nude/brown, simple womanly skirtsuits which interestingly had the waist cut low slung on the hips, a nice contrast there I thought. Kind of naughty girl on her way to womanhood, but not quite yet. The hemlines were as I said earlier either nonexcistent or below the knee. He did come up with some surprising elements here. The striped overall on photo nr: 5 was very nice, felt like now. Also the last dresses in his show, like the one in the last photo, I found very refreshing. Fun! So I guess he wants them skirts low slung, hips showing this spring or no pants. Which will you go for? Kidding. Sorry, I´ll stop. But all in all I found this collection alright. Nothing more, nothing less. Influental, now there´s no doubt.


EJ

No comments:

Post a Comment