Thursday, September 20, 2012

Milan has begun-Gucci




Decadence, rich-were the words that popped up in my head as I viewed Guccis´ spring collection. 60´s early 70´s inspired with lots of bright vivid colors and bling to match. I think it´s a very clean collection, playful but yet sophisticated. Not my style but a very good job none the less. The designer focused on monochrome ( pants and jacket in same color- all in the same color) color palettes, ruffles to make an otherwise simple silhouette more interesting. There were bell sleeves ( like in photo nr: 1), pink, turquoise, green, yellow, black, white and of course on trend-exotic skin. There was also some print in there but honestly I think it didn´t do any favors to this collection.
The collection did remind me a bit of Lanvins´work but hey, maybe it´s just me..
As I said before, not my style here but beautifully crafted and executed.

Milan has begun!


EJ

No comments:

Post a Comment