Monday, September 17, 2012

Print madness



Mary Katrantzou

 
 
Well, well, well, some sunshine into the collections! Or printmania should I say. Famous for her prints, she didn´t stray far from her homage in this collection. The designer was inspired by stamps and the result is beautiful in my opinion. I found the less obvious/more subtle pieces in this collection quite breathtaking such as that stunning deep-blue suit above. I know, I know, I said I wanted less print but I really enjoyed these beauties. Candy for the eye.
 
 
 
Peter Pilotto
 
 
 
 
Seriously?! Damn, I have to reconsider my attitude towards print cause I´m seeing here two genius print collections in a row. Very graphic this one and entertaining! I love the colors and the texture on some of the pieces is quite interesting, such as in the dress in the last photo. I wonder, is it some sort of knit? Hmm.. Well with Pilotto I wasn´t expecting anything less. One of the print-maestros he has long proven himself to be a genius when it comes to doing beautiful print. He goes his own way and I respect that. The colors here are mesmerizing to say the least. I would really enjoy mixing and matching his pieces, like that short jacket in photo nr: 4, with something more down to earth. This is putting me in a feel-good mode. Very nice.
 
 
Jonathan Saunders
 
 
 
Ok. Here is a fun collection for sure. I didn´t really know where to put this one. A lot of metallics, sequins and colors. I really like the metallic fabric, wondering if it´s leather.. Anyways, I sensed a bit of disco influence in there, dark-disco if you will, a bit of ski-fi even. I think this is a collection one has to go back to a couple of times to start appreciating it. Simple but yet not so simple. Interesting indeed.
 
 
Antonio Berardi
 
 
 
 
One I haven´t really been following that much but man! here were some nice pieces going on. Dare I say pretty even ( I don´t really do pretty). The tailoring was quite nice; Elongated sides on peplums, jackets, skirts and dresses. Not that this wasn´t done recently at Givency ( the surf- mermaid-inspired collection) but this take on it was quite different, a bit more exaggerated..reminded me of wings. I like it. Beautiful sequin embroidery, lots of blue..all in all very nice. Dreamy even.
 
 
 
Alright we´re getting there. That is me getting whooed. Keep it up London!
 
 
EJ





No comments:

Post a Comment