Monday, September 10, 2012

NY fashion week update



Theyskens´ Theory







Here we have Theyskens´ Theory. Continuing with dark for spring summer (I can´t tell you how much I love that!) their collection was pretty wearable. A lot of pieces one could buy to mix with others, exaggerated forms such as on the jackets, a little bit 80´s in there even. There was a lot of men-inspired suits, black, off-white and midnight blue ( which we´ve seen before this week..). Hmm, trend alert? Maybe. And again I spotted chiffon-like seethrough material. I really wouln´t mind that white suit..Yes please!


Derek Lam





As you can see from the samples from this show, it kind of was all over the place. There were a few pieces and looks that I liked, like that kilt-inspired skirt on the first photo, the monochrome blue suit in the bottom.. It was okay for me, this one. He used a lot of greens, yellow, black, some leather and blue. Actually there were a lot more colors but I wont bore you. I found this collection a little bit lacking in motif and/or meaning.


Stay tuned, lots more to come!


EJ

No comments:

Post a Comment