Friday, August 31, 2012

Oh my goth!



As I outlined in my ´´what to excpect for fall´´ post I mentioned several times how things will take a dark turn this fall. When virtually everything has been about prints, prints and more prints last seasons I find it very comforting to see some pure black again. Black is one of my colors and yeeesss it is a color! In my opinion anyways..

 I find it very fresh again just to see some solid colors. Have it be monochrome ( all in the same color), colorblocked ( few colors put together) or if you must, with a hint of print. I´ve really been thinking about this print business and as much as I love it I long for something simpler, more rich. More textures mismatched and a little less print. Just thinking out loud here. Anyways, what inspires you at the moment? I´ve been thinking and for myself I´ve been going back to my goth roots recently. Not that I´ve actually been a goth goth, you know in that sence but I´ve always had it in me. You saw the shoes I got recently from Nostalgia right?! Something feels very fresh about this sort of look again. Also manly looking loafers. Got my eye on a pair...

 Goth goes back to the punk period (which I´m also very inspired by) where the lips started to get darker, hair color followed suit and pallid complexions were the only way to go. I´m feeling inspired to use some parts of the harshest side and mix it up with the complete opposite. Like white childlike socks. Dolllike dresses but pared with a spiked choker necklace. Black-ish lips with a sheer white shirt. You get where I´m going. The Japanies, especially those who hail from Tokyo have a fun twist on this. I´ve been to Tokyo twice and found their style simply amazing.  I´d like to see this look updated without the overuse of spikes. Frankly I´m getting sick of spikes. I think we should all give them a rest for now.

 Sorry I´ve been blabbering on and on. Here are some inspiration pics. Will you go goth for fall?

P.S. When doing this post I came upon soo many cool inspirational punk pics, will do a post about that soon!







 
 
 
 

Excellent! All of it! Looks like even the major fashion houses are also inspired by goth glam. Just look at that nose jewellery from Givency in the picture above. Genius! You can also see a recent campaign by Versace above which I very much like plus some excamples from the fall shows 2012. Anyways, here below are some things I wish I could be wearing right now but can´t due to a lack of waist.


How come I all of a sudden want to wear high waisted pants again plus belts that cinch in my waist?! It´s because I can´t I tell you..

Have a goth one!

-leather pants: Aftur
-shoes and net coat: Nostalgia
-white shirt (I cut off the sleeves): thrifted
-belt: Gyllti kötturinn


EJ


No comments:

Post a Comment