Saturday, August 18, 2012

Fall thinking plus Culture day outfit!

Culture day outfit







Photos by Júlli

Hello and happy Culture day to y´all icelanders! I wanted to do a quick outfit post today since I´m wearing stuff I recently got. This dress is fast becoming my new favourite and the knitted vest too. Love! The sweater I´m wearing in the last two pictures I actually just got earlier today at a clothing market. I know you can´t see it too well so I´ll show you better later. Just wanted to show off my new stuff;) Have a good one!

P.S. You who live in Iceland should really check out the Jet Korine shop on Skólavörðustígur 17a. It´s really a hidden gem!


-dress: Jet Korine
-vest: vintage from Spútnik shop
-sweater: vintage
-bag and jewellery: from shop Aftur
-shoes: Doc Martens

EJ



As I´ve told you before I like to follow fashion and so when show-weeks start I´m all eyes. I do have my favourite designers, they are a few but I like looking at most of the fashion shows and designers each season, see what they´ve got. If maybe there´s a new star on the horizon. It seems like there´s always someone or something new happening in the fashion world. What is today may not be tomorrow. So one has to keep up! Ramble on indeed. Ok so to the point. What is there I see coming strong for fall? Hmm. Lets start.

Leather: Soft, hard, plasticky looking (my favourite!). All I saw was leather for fall. Leather on leather. Good, an excuse to sleep in it even.

                           

The 80´s: Ok, I´m such a sucker for the 80´s. Especially the music. But it looks like a lot will be inspired by that era this fall. From the silhouettes, the accessories to the hair even. I dare you to go for it.
Dark hair: I´m sort of a chamelion when it comes to hair color. I almost change it as often as I do my panties. It very much goes with my mood but also I just think it´s fun to experiment now and again. You´ll see. Maybe I´ll go dark again for fall. It definetly seems to be the hair color for fall.
Fringe: As in hair fringe. It seemed to be everywhere on the catwalks. It´s too much maintenence for my taste. I always loose interest in about a month or so, so no thanks.


Dark mood: The mood overall I thought was very dark. Like in a vampire movie or something. Which I loved. Dark, gothic princess meets an 80´s space fan.


                        
Space mood: As in the lovely Balenciaga 2012 line. The mood is kind of like an 80´s space movie. Love it. Not sure how many will take on wearing plastic looking pants but I´ll tell ya, that´s one look I can´t wait to try! Love everything about the line.

                             

Scarlet red: Last fall it was dark red and now it´s bright red. I love all reds but I´ve recently become very fond of wearing this sort of red again. It´s not an easy color to pull but I think we should all give it a try. Goes great with army green, black and shiny leather. It´s also nice when you just catch a glimpse of it so I predict this will be the accessory color to watch. Scarves, clutches, gloves and so on.


                                  

Matching print suits: I did notice those a lot. Don´t know if I´ll be rocking that trend. I want to say I´ll give it a go. Sounds like fun. We´ll see.



Dark, bold lips: This is trend I always like. So I´m very happy to say that this fall everybody should be sporting dark lips. Vine reds, hint of purple even, all hues of red really mixed with a little black. Mmmmm. Delicious.
Belts around the waist: There was thick,which is of course very 80´s and thin ones. This I saw quite a few times. Cinched-in waist seemed to rule. The models were sporting the belts over thick sweaters and even coats. It adds drama to ones´ silhouette which I love. More drama!

   
                    

Oversized coats: Again this is also something that was very popular in the 80´s and I saw as something very becoming for fall. There´s just something so comforting and warm about an oversized coat. For me this is an ongoing trend. I´m all for oversized but maybe this season I´ll make a spin on it with a big thick belt around the waist.

             

Big, chunky accessories: Well with all the above I´m not surprised. But statement necklaces over sweaters, chuncky architectural bracelets and earrings one can´t ignore are the things for fall. Damn. I was actually just starting to want to wear jewellery again and was feeling the delicate small ones, loaded and layered on. Oh well.
Bold brows: With all the she-man 80´s inspired looks, a bushy and bold brow is ideal. So put down your tweezers ladies!
Velvet and lace: Very dark vampire kind of thing. For me these are trends which never go out. Always classic.

                  

Equestrian: Seen at Givency and Isabel Marant. Riding pants which were full through the upper thighs then stuffed into kneehigh boots, cowboy shirts at Marant. Gotta love a cowboy theme.


Boxy jackets: Not that I saw this as something seen everywhere but I´ve just been noticing a change in the classic cut jacket. Balmain did a boxier version which I´m in love with and I think this is a cut that is going to stay. Also worth mentioning is Proenza Schoulers´ boxy jacket cuts and fall line in general. Beautiful.


Colored/patchwork fur: Now, since you already know how much I love dramatic clothing you guessed right about this being one of my favourite trends for fall and in general. Designers were coloring their furs in hot pink, making them icy blue and even patchwork in different colors. Genius. I will definetly be sporting a colored fur or faux fur this fall. Will you?


Oriental: Some designers such as Dries Van Noten and Proenza Schouler ( Both favourites of mine) seemed to draw their inspiration from the East this fall. Influence from this I think will definetly be seen this fall. And I´m on my way to get a vintage kimono!


Military: This is something I think is always in style but nice it´s coming on strong this fall. Even ladylike Victoria Beckham thinks so. Isabel Marant and others agree and so do I. Nough said.


                                   

There is of course more than this list that is going to be seen come fall but I did say this is what I think is going to stand out. Other trends worth mentioning are:

Volume: As in on parts of the body women actually want to look slimmer such as the hips, shoulders and so on. Not many women I know of want to enhance those aerias so I don´t see this as something that´s going to be so hot. Looks cool in photos though.


Peplums: Seem to keep going strong into fall. I predict it wont last for much longer.


Blue: Bright and vivid. This color is so beautiful and is rarely seen on clothes I think. But this season I saw it everywhere. The reason I put it in this column is because I don´t think a lot of people will dare to wear it. Maybe a few and those I salute. I might say hello to this color. This beautiful hue would be nice on accerories; bags, gloves and possibly belts.


Baroque /bejewelled embroidery/faberge inspired: Very dramatic heavy embroidery was seen at some shows such as Dolce&Gabbana and at Balmain the effect was similar of those on faberge eggs. Some very beautiful but if one´s not careful could turn grandma like. Maybe. Prada encrusted their 60´s inspired clothes in beautiful big jems. Love!



Silk scarves around the neck: This seemed to be a popular style amongst many designers for fall. Thin long silk scarves, tied snuggly around the neck. Not for me I think.


 Skirts over pants: Ok, this has been in the fashion air for some seasons now but it´s official. Skirts over pants are back ( yes they were there in the 90´s) with vengence. If Prada and Louis Vuitton say so, it´s so. I´m still mulling over this. Maybe.



The 60´s: I´m just going to be lazy and point you to look at the up-above photos. Miuccia Prada was clearly thinking about the 60´s when she did her thing, both for Prada and Miu Miu. Same went on over at Louis Vuitton. Actually it was scary how much their fall lines bore resembelence to each other. Were they talking a lot....One wonders.


My conclusion for fall is this: Go dark, be bold or go home!
The choices are endless and remember that the rules are: There are no rules! So go on, put on a black shiny garbage bag, put a belt around it and march into town proud as you are;)

I´m going to play dress-up now. Later!

EJ

No comments:

Post a Comment