Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Givenchy pre-fall














Photos via style.com

Riccardo  Tisci has long been one of my favourite designers. Here we have his pre-fall, or some of the looks I feel are interesting. Boy oh boy, they´re all really pushing the ´´skirts over pants´´ look. It´s really starting to grow on me though. This line was very masculine but intertwined with details such as ruffles and soft, sheer material that made it still feminine. I really like how versatile he made the pieces-fancy ruffles could be worn with a beat up t-shirt, there is a leather dress with a parka tied around the waist-which is by the way seen everywhere now (a nice homage to 90´s grunge ). He throws in some nice prints, manly loafers (LOVE) and mixes it all together. Nice color palette. I like the styling here also. All in all a very good job. 
He´s always one to set trends and I believe here we can see a lot of interesting things evolving.

Hope you have a good one,


EJ

No comments:

Post a Comment